Monday, November 24, 2008

Review of Damaged by Andy Riverbed

If Andy Riverbed was on the couch I'd say he never learned how to mourn properly. His mother may have been too reserved and detached while breast feeding him.

Andy resorts to drugs to avoid any feelings of pain or anxiety. When his poem brings up the murder of James Bulger by two British youths he minimizes this tragedy by comparing it to his own shitty job.

"Damaged" ofen (sic) resembles "A Light In the Attic", a book whose author I fail to remember. Joyner's artwork compliments the poems and adds much to the charm of this slim volume.

If I see Andy Riverbed hanging out poolside, at a Puerto Rican time-share, seducing Jewish drug counselors on vacation and playing Bingo for bottles of rum I will ask him if he masturbates to photographs of Gregory Corso.


Biography:
Jeff T. Kane is an inmate at the Suffolk County Correctional Facility. His work can be found in Thieves Jargon, Ruthie's Club, and Dread Central. "Gray Fragments" can be bought off lulu.com.

4 comments:

gustavo.rivera said...

that's the best review i've ever read in my life.

thanks jeff.

ar

Matt DiGangi said...

Nice to see Jeff T. Kane using his powers for good.

gustavo.rivera said...

This is my mother's opinions of Jeff Kane's review:

"Que pendejo el tipo , insultandome sin conocerme como si tus problemas de adulto fueran culpa del breastfeeding."

I think my mother is a bit sensitive, but I found this very amusing to read in my email inbox.

gustavo.rivera said...

she named me.